Besides being an integral part of blocks, sheaves are also used in a wide variety of applications, not only limited to cranes. Ropeblock has developed a standard line of sheaves that are used for most wireropes. Standard production is cast ductile iron with graphite lubricated grooves, however, cast steel, nylon and welded fabrication is also possible.
Some key benefits of ropeblock sheaves:
- Optimal groove opening angle coping with fleet angle problems.
- Wide range of bearing options to meet your specific requirement.
- Self-lubricating "graphite-rich" grooves to promote wire rope longevity.
- Optimally designed to reduce fatigue.
- Finish depending on application.
- Different shaft sizes possible.
- Groove may be adjusted to other wire rope diameters.